Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF

Hi

I would suggest using a Pivot Table for this. This is the best way to
summarize information.
The option is under Data/Pivot Table and Chart.
An introduction to pivot tables is he

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"KemS" wrote in message
Andy,
I am seeking the answer to a slightly different version of this thread
question. I have the following list:

Date Group Sold
1-Jan 11000 100
3-Jan 11000 100
15-Jan 12050 500
18-Jan 13150 400
18-Jan 14250 325
21-Jan 15000 200
22-Jan 15000 200
23-Jan 11000 100
24-Jan 15000 200

On a separate worksheet I just want to have a single row for each "group"
and the adjacent column with total sales by group irrespective of date. I
have tried
=SUMIF($B$2:$B$10,"="&B2,$C$2:$C$10) and copying it down but it is not
delivering the correct results. Clearly it is wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kem
"Andy" wrote:

Hi

Try something like:
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A25="G")*(C2:C25="H"))

Hope this helps.
Andy

"Alectrical" wrote in message
If I have the following data in columns A to D:
A B C D
G 2 H 5
2 3 H 8
G 4 H 9
5 5 3 5

Can anyone tell me how to sum all the occurrences of "G" in column A
AND
"H"
in column C, with the total number of occurrences in cell E2.

Thanks
Alec