Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Al

Default if cell = 0 then hide the row?

Bob, Pete,

Thanks for your replies...allow me to digest your advise then I'll get back
to you with my results! One comment, I have now though, is that my "titles"
do not only apprear in say rows 1 & 2. I have many "categories" of personnel,
thus rows 17& 18 might be a header for "management", rows 34&35, for "sales
reps", rows 51&52 for "mechanics" etc etc. Does this have a consequence on
your replies?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Typo, should be

Option Explicit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "F3:F66536"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value = 0 Then
.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Here is one way which assumes headings in rows 1 and 2. Just chan ge the

F3
to the first real data row.

Option Explicit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "F3:F88536"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value = 0 Then
.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Al" wrote in message
My spreadsheet is a list of names and hours and charges, but if name X,

say
D14, has zero hours, say F14 = 0, then I do not need the row -

otherwise
my
spreadsheet will have so many unused rows - and so want to hide it.

To complicate matters, my spreadsheet has titles, etc, and clearly such

row has no value for hours in any cell, and these rows are not to be

hidden.

I see something that only conisders the "data rows" and hides them if

the
hours cell, F14, is zero.

Allan