Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Default How can I password protect a hidden column in Excel?

Password retrieval is not that difficult

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Neil M" wrote in message
This may work for you.

First, unhide the cells.

Then highlight the whole sheet. Now select formatcellsprotection and
uncheck the box that says "lock cells"

Now highlight only the cells you want to protect follow the same path and
check the box for the cells you want.

With that done, select toolsprotectionprotect sheet.
In the box that come up there are several options on how to allow or
prevent
others from performing certain tasks. With that done enter a simple
password
that you are sure you won't forget and enter it in the "password to
unprotect
sheet" box. I think you get another box asking you if you are sure and to
retype your password.

CAUTION: if you forget your password there is no way to retrieve it.

Neil M