Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott Wagner

Default The last column in my word document contains both text and number

Take a look at your available "Paste Special" when you have this table data
in your clipboard. Try some of the different options. If one of them pastes
the table data merged you can use LEFT() or RIGHT() or "Data", "Text to
Columns..." to seperate as needed.

"Ishta" wrote:

The last column in my word document (table) contains both text and numbers
(date) in the same row. When copied to excel, the date is put in a different
row from that of text. This creates an unnecessary row just for the date. I
would like excel to split date into a different column of the same row. I
could have wanted word to split date from text, but the word document is not
mine, I cannot alter it's presentation.