Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George Nicholson

Default How can I insert a 10% discount on a spreadsheet

do editpaste special and check multiply

May I suggest a slight modification:
EditPasteSpecial select "Values" AND "Multiply", then OK
Otherwise you will change any pre-existing formatting in the area being
pasted over with whatever format your "empty" cell had.
(Or adjust the format of the "empty" cell before copying it, and then you
don't need to worry about selecting "Values")

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
=A1*(1-10%)

where A1 holds the original value

if you want to do it without formulas, copy the values toa new sheet
(right
click sheet tab and select move or copy, then check copy

now put 0.9 in an empty cell, copy it, select the newly cretaed values and
do editpaste special and check multiply

do the same for 15% but use 0.85 instead

Peo Sjoblom

"Bridget Nelson" <Bridget wrote in
message
I have an original spreadsheet with pricing. Now I need to save this
with

10% discount and 15% discount etc....