Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MatthewTap

Default using a UDF in place of a cond. format, b/c I need 4, not three

I know this is an age old topic here, and I'm really hoping that I don't just
get referred to another web page [that type of help of course has its place
and merits]. And if I had the time, I would have more fun going through docs
and notes to find out how to do it, but time is not something I can barter.

What I'm looking at is:

I'm thinking along the lines of an example where I normally set the borders
of my columns [except if it's the first row] in a cond. format via something
like this:

=AND((NOT(ISBLANK($A1))),(ROW()1))

But, if I need that space for a Conditional formatting, but I still want to
do this.

How would I go about doing this? With a UDF? I wouldn't know how to start.
I can modify macros and run macros and such, but I don't know how I would
convert something like this into a useable function, macro, anything.

I would very much appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Thanks! [a lot]