David McRitchie

Hi Nanette,
Unless you did something like format individual cells rather than
large groups of cells you are likely to recover much space.

The problem is that each different format that you have has to be
stored as a format number for you. So if you make the top
border red and have $formatting that is one combination,
another with red top border and general formatting is another
combination, etc., etc, etc. -- which is
another reason to format large areas at once, but is not
going to save much in size of a file.

To save space you might also have a macro installed to free up
some unused space that Excel does not keep very good track of.
Would suggest installing the DeleteUnused macro at
because if you think you have a space problem you probably do.
Use Ctrl+End to see where Excel has your last cell at.

Installing macros is not difficult see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
and for worksheet event macros see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#blueboxWS

I hope they are only going to assist you, rather than install macros for
you everytime you want to install a macro that you already have the
coding for.
---
HTH,

"Nanette" wrote...
Thanks for the help. Someone is going to help me install the code today. Do
you know how much space this might free up? I'm thinking this might be a
temporary solution because my spreadsheet will most likely continue to grow.
Would transfering the data into Access be a viable solution?