Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DakotaNJ

Default Is it possible?

OK, let me see if I can make this clear enough:

On the Main sheet it looks like this. These are in-plant accidents that I
investigate and track.

Acc#: Carr: Invest: Name: Dept: Div: Date: FDO: LT: RD: Injury:
Part:
1 XXX Yes Sam AM 104 1-3 1-3 0 0
C X

The "other" tabs are specific to building (Div.). So, when I enter a line
item on the main spreadsheet, I need Excel to identify it using the DIV cell
(in this case 104), then copy the entire line of info to the "104"
spreadsheet (or, obviously whichever on is applicable), which is exactly the
same set-up as the main spreadsheet.

Right now, when I enter a line on the Master sheet, I simply copy/paste it
to the "other" sheet.

You folks are getting me pretty excited! I'm starting to think this may be
possible.

This whole workbook is really coming along nicely. I have figured out how
to pull key figures from one sheet to another, then graph the figures in yet
another. I'm just having a mental block with this final function, which
would allow the workbook to do all the actual work, leaving me to simply
enter the initial information.

Thanks for all your input!

Regards,
Dominick

--
Learning and growing everyday.

"RagDyer" wrote:

If I understand what you're looking for, it should be relatively easy and
uncomplicated.

Depending on the configuration of the data on your main sheet, you could use
either a Vlookup() function or an Index & Match combination.

You would fill your "sub" sheets with these functions to pull the data from
the main sheet, where the building ID would be the main criteria determining
which sub sheet would be able to pull the data.

This assumes that one of the fields on the main sheet *does* contain the
individual building ID.

Post back with how your main sheet is set-up, and I'm sure you'll get what
you're looking for.

RD

"DakotaNJ" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several tabs. The top tab is the main spreadsheet
were I enter all my gathered data. The other tabs are the same

spreadsheet,
the same data, but broken out by specific building.

Right now, I enter the data (alpha and numeric) into the main spreadsheet,
then manually copy/paste it to the respective sub-level spreadsheet.

I can specify the "IF" part of the line item that would identify which

sheet
to copy it to, but is it possible to have a "THEN copy and paste [these
cells]" to the other spreadsheets?

Perhaps I am just dreaming here. However, looking through archives I have
found solutions to so many things, and learned so much, I figure what the
heck, I might as well ask!

Thanks for all the great info you folks pass around here. It has helped
make me a "star" employee and allowed me to do some things no one even
thought was possible.
--
Learning and growing everyday.