Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
exceluserforeman

Default VBA code to populate 1000's of cells?

Tools Macros Security Settings

Set to Low

Close excel

Re Open excel and Security should still be set to low.

"nomail1983" wrote:

" wrote:
Can someone provide a VBA function to populate 1000's
of cells with a simple expression, for example =RAND()?

Thanks again to those who provide some macro solutions.
I have a question about macro security.

When I entered those macro examples into one workbook,
I had no trouble running them.

But after I saved the workbook, when I reopen it, I get a
warning that macros are disabled due to my security settings.

I can follow the instructions to allow me to run these macros.
But it is tedious to flip-flop security settings and close/reopen
files.

Other than signing the macros (which I would have to figure
out), is there any way to permanently enable unsigned macros
in just this workbook without enabling macros in any other
workbook?

After all, that seems to be the behavior of Excel when I created
the macros at the outset.