Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

Default need help coming up with a formula.

One way:

=SUMIF(A:A,"<=10",B:B)/COUNTIF(A:A,"<=10")

In article ,
Sterling
wrote:

I know just enough in Excel that I know I can get the info I want but
not enough to know how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated. I
am working with 2 columns of data, for example:

Days in Stock____________Cost

What I want to calculate is the average cost for 0-10 days in stock
(($300 + $400)/2= $350), the average cost for 11-60 days in stock, and
the average cost for 60+ days in stock.

What sort of formula would best calculate this? TIA.