Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
David McRitchie

Default VBA code to populate 1000's of cells?

Well the advantages of using the VBA function instead of the Excel
function is that is would run faster and would not have to be converted
to constants.

You make the selection beforehand, so that you would not have to
change any range in the macro.

Usually when I write a macro with a selection, it is limited to the
used range. This macro is an exception. You must preselect the exact
range you want from one cell on up.

As far as being the same algorithm is concerned, I have no idea.
---
HTH,

"nomail1983" wrote
JE and David (or anyone else), can you comment on VBA Rnd
v. Excel RAND(). Are they the same algorithm? if not, is one
known to be better than the other?