Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default how insert same text in empty cells in column (10000 rows)

Select that range
edit|goto|special
click blanks

Now the selection is just the blank cells in that original selection

Type your stuff, but instead of hitting enter, hit ctrl-enter. All the cells in
the current selection will be filled with what you type -- constant or formula.

bromptongadgets wrote:

a column with 10,000 rows - 90% of them are empty. I want to put the same bit
of text in every empty cell without pasting or extending the range 1000
times. Can I identify cells which are empty and put the same text in them?

--

Dave Peterson