Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default Creating a single vertical array from multiple column arrays

Hopefully, this isn't too late to implement....

I think I'd change the input area from 3 pmt type columns to only one with
Data Validation:

Example:
Select the cells in the Pmt Type range (assuming Col_A)
DataData Validation
Allow: List
Source: Credit,Debit,Check
Click [OK]

Benefits:
1)Less data entry hopping around...possibly enteriing amounts in wrong columns
--Note: Teach entry staff to [Alt]+[Down arrow] to display dropdown items,
then arrow up/down to select, so no mouse clicks would be
necessary...speeding input.
2)Easier to analyze
3)Visually easier to confirm that a pmt was assigned the correct type

Then...you've got a couple options
You could set up a Pivot Table to summarize the data by date/pmt type, etc
OR
You could still use the 3 columns...just put equations in them like:
C2: =IF(A2="Credit",B2,"")
D2: =IF(A2="Debit",B2,"")
E2: =IF(A2="Check",B2,"")

Does that give you anything you can work with?

Regards,
Ron

"Bryan" wrote:

Can anyone help me out with this, please? It's rather important.

Thanks.