Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Default formulas and new rows

You can try using
Tools, Options, Edit, Extent List Formats and Formulas

But you might want to take a look at my page
Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

particularly the main topic for insertion of a specified number of
rows and also look at
Change Event (#change_event)
which will fill in the formulas from the row above when entering a constant (text or number) into Column A provided the remainder of
the row is empty.

---
HTH,

"mango7" <mango7.....
how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a
certain column. Excel 2002