Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Macro – select all cells in current range

Mary Ann

You can try this macro.

Sub select_range()
Dim someCells As Range
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Range("A1").Select
Set someCells = ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell, _
.Cells(.Cells.Count))
End With
someCells.Copy Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 04:41:02 -0800, "Mary Ann"
wrote:

I have a file which has a summary sheet and a daily sheet. At the end of
each day I want to copy the data from the daily sheet to the summary sheet
and use a macro to do this.

My problem is that each day the number of rows I need to copy will vary.
The columns will remain the same.

Is there a way to instruct the macro to select all the cells in the current
range and for that to have a varying number of rows?

If I can do this by recording the action it would be easier for me.