Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default Annualizing data

Hi Julie

Possible the easiest way is to highlight the range of dates
DataText to ColumnsFixed WidthNextDate then select YMD from the
dropdownFinish
In the UK, that gives me 09/12/2005
Repeat the exercise again, on the converted data, but select MDY from the
dropdown, and then I get
12/09/2005
If your regional settings are mm/dd/yyyy you may get the answer after the
first conversion.

Alternatively, the formula way would be
=--MID(A1,5,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&LEFT(A1,4)

Regards

Roger Govier

Julie wrote:
Roger,
Thanks again - I'll work on that awhile. In the mean time, I wonder if you
wouldn't mind answering another date question for me. I have a column of
dates in excel in the following format:
20051209

The normal way of changing date formats (format, cell, date) does not change
the format. Is there a way to display these dates in a more traditional
format such as:
12/09/2005, or 12/09/05??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Julie Young