Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default PivotTables - Group Dates, excluding dates

Hi Todd
Could you Sort the database by Date. Then all the rows with blank dates
would fall to the bottom. Base your PT on the rows containing dates.

Regards

Roger Govier

Todd1 wrote:
I can send you a sample file, if it helps.

I believe blank date fields prevents you from grouping the dates in that
column. The only non-technical solution, if this is true, would be to put
dummy data in all remaining blank fields...maybe default to 1/1/1910

"cs02000" wrote:

I can't duplicate the problem as I am able to group when the date is
left blank in certain records. Check to make sure all columns have a
name, ie. you have not blank columns. I know PT don't like entire blank
columns of data.

--
cs02000