Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joker

Default Shorten an IF formula

Is there anyway to shorten an IF formula? What I am trying to do is display a
certain number that coinsides with the date. Here is the formula that I am
currently using. It works but it is too long and the "Formula Is Too Long"
error pops up when I have too many days.
=IF(C11=Sheet2!C1,Sheet2!E1,0)+IF(C11=Sheet2!C2,Sh eet2!E2,0)+IF(C11=Sheet2!C3,Sheet2!E3,0).
In the first part of the formula C11 is today's date. Sheet2!C1 is any date.
Sheet2!E1 is a number. I need a the cell to display the number if today's
date matches the date on the Sheet2. Sheet2 has 91 days to display. Thank you
for your help.