Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default Is it possible?

Dakota

A formula can only return values to the cell in which it resides. It cannot
"push" data to another cell.

Maybe you can link the sub sheets to the master?

On Sheet2 A1 enter =Master!G23

When you update Master G23 then Sheet2 A1 will update also.

If you truly want to "push" data from one range/sheet to another you would
have to use VBA code/macros.

Similar to...........

Sub Pu****()
Sheets("Master").Range("A1:J10").Copy _
Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Range("K43")
End Sub

OR same thing using values.

Sub Valueit()
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("K43").Resize(10, 10).Value = _
Worksheets("Master").Range("A1:J10").Value
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:12:40 +0800, "PY & Associates"
wrote:

Absolutely possible if you can define what and how you want to do it
manually.

"DakotaNJ" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several tabs. The top tab is the main spreadsheet
were I enter all my gathered data. The other tabs are the same

spreadsheet,
the same data, but broken out by specific building.

Right now, I enter the data (alpha and numeric) into the main spreadsheet,
then manually copy/paste it to the respective sub-level spreadsheet.

I can specify the "IF" part of the line item that would identify which

sheet
to copy it to, but is it possible to have a "THEN copy and paste [these
cells]" to the other spreadsheets?

Perhaps I am just dreaming here. However, looking through archives I have
found solutions to so many things, and learned so much, I figure what the
heck, I might as well ask!

Thanks for all the great info you folks pass around here. It has helped
make me a "star" employee and allowed me to do some things no one even
thought was possible.
--
Learning and growing everyday.