Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris Lavender

Default Count number of items in one column that have a value in another?

Add a formula in Col D (or wherever) that concatenates B and C (eg =B1&C1),
then do a COUNTIF on Col D (eg =COUNTIF(D:D,"YES0")

HTH Best rgds
Chris Lav

"onthefritz" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I would like to count the number of occurrences

of
a particular value in one column that also have a particular value in

another.

For instance, I want the number of times the value in column B = Yes when
the value in column C = 0.

I've tried using COUNTIF and SUMIF, but they both give me the result of

the
two arguments added together as opposed to how many contain both values.

I would certainly appreciate any ideas.

Thanks.