Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sjs

Default Count Characters

Excellent, thanks!!

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

sjs wrote...
I have thousands of rows in my spreadsheet and I need to identify the cells
that contain more than 30 characters. I know how to do a Validation on a
cell but that only flags me when I enter data into the formatted cell, not
when data already exists. Any ideas?

Strictly more than 30 characters? Edit Find, Find what entry should
be

that's 31 question marks. Alternatively, use conditional formatting
with the formula condition for cell D5 being =LEN(D5)30 and give it a
distinctive format (IMO, different background colors work best).