Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bill Kuunders

Default I have a question on AVerages

Are you sure you are looking for an average?
Sounds like you want to calculate a percentage in stead.

10 customers seen 9 i.e seen 90%
=d7/c7*100
or
=d7/c7 formatted as a percentage.
-- Next a visit to your hair dresser--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"kenneth and kathryn olsen" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a job wherein I need to provide the average of 'walk-ins' against
the
number of walk-ins seen that day, then average of # of walk-ins for the
week
(Monday through Friday) then by the month for each location in real
numbers
Not percentages. There are 21 locations in all.

For example: Cell C7 is the # of walk-ins that came in that day
Cell D7 lists the actual number of walk-ins seen that day == what would be
the formula that would go in E7?

Then how do I tally for the week say in E12 which would show the total
number of walkin=seen versus the total number of walk=ins for the week.

I am so confused I used the =Average number but when C7 has 10 people and
D7
has 9 people seen -- the =Average(C7:d7) returns an average of 7 people
seen
and that cannot be right... (I stink at this!) LOL

Because there is only one number pitted against another number -- for the
daily tallly by each location, I don't know how to put in the formula ---

Could someone please help me!
Thank you.

(And then of course I will need help with the summary -- but I would be
thrilled to get this going...I have been pulling my hair out.

thanks
Kat