Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Keeping my computer busy

Note: there are 3 types of Protection which can all be passworded.

1. WorkSheet protection from ToolsProtection
2. WorkBook protection from ToolsProtection
3. File protection from FileSave AsToolsGeneral Options(XL2002)

And a fourth one if you count Protection on a VBA Project

Which are you referring to?

If worksheet or workbook only, these are easy to crack.

File and VBA not so simple.

See John McGimpsey's site for instructions.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:06:27 -0600, Vnagpal
wrote:

Thank u sir.....U r great...but one more thing...do we have a way by
which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt
open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again