Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default update data validation list with new entries??

See Debra Dalgleish's site for info on Dynamic Ranges

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

And how to use them in DV lists.

Also check out her Home Excel page to see much more on Data Validation.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:02:02 -0800, "cjtj4700"
wrote:

Hi Excel Gurus,
I am very green @ XL so bear with me. I have created a shipping request
form and added data validation drop down lists for every category (ship to
company name, address, city, etc.) This data was imported from our preferred
carriers online address book. What I am looking for is a way to have the
source list update each time a user enters a new entry and have it placed
into the appropriate list alphabetically. These are routinely shipped to
locations but there are over 100 and growing each day.
Thus far XL appears to be able to do anything except make me a cup of
coffee so I just know what I am asking help for is probably "XL 101" to you
all! Please bear in mind that simply replying with a code will do a fly by on
me!!
Thx in advance. CJ