Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:19:06 -0600, xlnovice
wrote:

I am creating a spreadsheet for a small business that has incoming cash
on a daily basis, and outgoing payments on a monthly basis, The
payments occur on the same date every month but what i want to be able
to do is create a formula that will automatically put in the payments
on a given day every month (each month being on a seperate sheet) I was
looking to create a daterange formula but connot seem to get it to work

=IF(TODAY()=(DAY(B2:I2)),TRUE,FALSE)

This is the formula i have used (B2:I2) being the date range ie

8/11/04 to 14/11/04

You need a somewhat different syntax, and also you need to enter an
*array-formula*

The array-formula:

=OR(DAY(TODAY())=DAY(B2:I2))

will return TRUE if the day of the month today is same as any day of the month
in the range B2:I2. Otherwise it will return FALSE.

To enter an array-formula, hold down <ctrl<shift while hitting <enter. XL
will place braces {...} around the formula.

--ron