Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kitfox

Default conditional format by comparing to current date

Wow, Steve, you are awesome. You won't believe how much I sweated over this.
Now I can grow my hair back. Your information was key to solving the
problem. Thanks a million.

Chris

"SteveG" wrote:

Chris,

My cells were formatted the same and I entered in that date and it
turned the correct color. When you entered in the formulas for the
conditional format, did you use the format painter to carry it down
your list? By default, when entering in the formulas for conditional
formatting, if you select the cell using your mouse pointer, it
automatically makes the references absolute so in my example A17 would
appear as $A$17. When you use the format painter to carry it to the
other cells, it will always refer to A17 if that is the case. When you
enter the formula and this happens, highlight the whole formula and hit
F4 3 times to remove all $. That way when you carry the format, it
will change the reference correctly.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve