Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robertgn

Default Don't know how

I am desperately trying to learn how to use Excel and am very new and am
not a math whiz to boot. I'm probably trying to run before I can walk
in trying to use the "if" function.

All I'm attempting to do is tell a cell to provide one answer if so and
so and another answer is so and so. In other words here is my original
formula:
=(AD5+AE5)*AF5*3.40275-.21. This is where the "if" comes into play. If
AD5+AE5 is less than (4) I want to subtract the (.21) for the end
results; if AD5+AE5 is more than (4) and less than (8) I want to
subtract (.8) from the end results.
If AD5+AE5 is less than (12) and more than (20) I want subtract (1.3)
from the end results etc.

If someone could just get me started with this simple formula I think I
can get a handle on how the "if" function works.

Further, I am very new to this forum and once I leave this sight I'm
not sure I'll know how to retrieve the answer so I would like to leave
my email address here so someone can tell me what to do next.

Thanks for anyone's help.
Robertgn

--
Robertgn