Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
c_thonus

Default How do I input zeroes in a zip code for a mail merge?

If you already have your database typed with the zip codes formatted as
"Special Zip" and they appear in excel correct but are incorrect in word when
you do your mail merge, then save your worksheet as a .txt or "text" file.
Then use this as your database when doing your mail merge. The zeros should
be there.

"S_Suarez" wrote:

I am trying to do a mail merge for a mass mailing I need to do. I am trying
to input zeros in the zip codes that start with zero. When I type in the
zero, Excel automatically erases it. How can I input a zero without having
excel automatically erase it?