Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud

Default start/end dates of a week given just the weeknum() value

David,

For the start date:
=(A2-2)*7+DATEVALUE("Jan 3, 2005")

end date:
=(A2-2)*7+DATEVALUE("Jan 3, 2005") + 6

These are hard-coded for year 2005. The jan 3 date is the date on which
week 2 starts for the year of interest. To make this work over various
years will take more.

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"David" wrote in message
Hi

I see weeknum() can return a week number given a date.
However I need to reverse this procedure and calculate the START and END
dates for a week given just the weeknumber [weeknum() ] for the week
concerned

for example, given

week number 50 I need to return Dec 5 (start) and Dec 11 (end)
week number 51 I need to return Dec 12 (start) and Dec 18 (end)

thanks , David