Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich

Default COUNTIF arguments

thank you!! i have been trying to solve this for ages... wonderful help. much
appreciated.
--
- Rich

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=sumproduct(--(a1:A100=date(2005,12,31)),--(k1:k100="yes"))

Adjust the range to what you want, but you can't use the whole column.

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff changes trues to 1's and
falses to 0's.

Rich wrote:

hello... i am attempting to make a sprdsheet related to work on Excel 97 and
i need a cell to show how many items there are of a set type using to
arguments....

for example, my A:A column is date, and my K:K column is refunds, i need it
to count how many 'yes' values are showing in the refund column for a certain
date.

i can make it count 'yes' values, and i can make it count how many items on
a date but cant seem to get it to use both criteria to get a result.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
--
- Rich

--

Dave Peterson