Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kcdonaldson

Default I need help with my macros.

I have a workbook that has to be filled out at the end of each employee's
shift. I have a macro built in so that it is supposed to verify that all
fields are filled in before they save. I have a macro built in that reminds
them to check certain devices they are responsible for. And i am trying to
put one in so that it clears data in all cells within certain ranges when the
workbook is opened. I am getting errors when i open the workbook and it does
not clear anything. And my macro that check s to see if cells are filled in
is not working at all. Can someone help me? I will post the code i have.

WORKBOOK :

Option Explicit

'Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
' Call ChkData
' If CancelA = True Then Cancel = True
'End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim RngName As Variant
For Each RngName In Array("EOSV1", "SEMErrorsV1", "DEVLogOlivetteV1",
"DEVLogOverlandV1", "NMXNSGV1", "NMXSIMULTRANSV1")
Range(RngName).ClearContents
Next RngName

MsgBox "Double check everything before you save!"
Dim res As Long
res = MsgBox(prompt:="Did you check all of the SEMs?", _
Buttons:=vbYesNo)
Cancel = res = vbNo
res = MsgBox(prompt:="Did you check all of the NC1500s?", _
Buttons:=vbYesNo)
Cancel = res = vbNo
res = MsgBox(prompt:="Have you forgotten to validate your timestamps?", _
Buttons:=vbYesNo)
Cancel = res = vbYes
End Sub

MODULE 2:

Option Explicit
Public CancelA As Boolean
Sub ChkData()
Dim RngName As Variant
Dim Msg As String
Dim Designation As String
CancelA = False
For Each RngName In Array("EOSV1", "SEMErrorsV1", "DEVLogOlivetteV1",
"DEVLogOverlandV1", "NMXNSGV1", "NMXSIMULTRANSV1")
If RngName = "EOSV1" Or RngName = "SEMErrorsV1" Then
If Application.CountA(Range(RngName)) < Range(RngName).Count Then _
GoTo ErrorInData
Else
If Application.CountA(Range(RngName)) < 1 Then _
GoTo ErrorInData
End If
Next RngName
Exit Sub
ErrorInData:
CancelA = True
Select Case RngName
Case "EOSV1": Designation = "EOS"
Case "SEMErrorsV1": Designation = "SEM Errors"
Case "DEVLogOlivetteV1": Designation = "DEV Log for Olivette"
Case "DEVLogOverlandV1": Designation = "Dev Log for Overland"
Case "NMXNSGV1": Designation = "NMX for the NSG network"
Case "NMXSIMULTRANSV1": Designation = "NMX for the Simultrans network"
End Select
If RngName = "EOSV1" Or RngName = "SEMErrorsV1" Then
Msg = "You have not completely filled out the '" & Designation & "'
tab! You must complete the entire report before you save."
Else
Msg = "You have not noted any information about the '" & Designation
& "'. If there were no major alarms, please note so."
End If
MsgBox Msg, 16, "Data Error"
End Sub