Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Default Please Help!!!!!!

Hi Paul,

Try:

rRange.Replace What:=Chr(193), _
Replacement:="A", _
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns

---
Regards,
Norman

"Paul hampson" wrote in message
Hi all
I've got a problem which has me tearing my hair out.
I have a macro which uses a Range.replace function to change non-English
characters to English ones, according to a set of predefined values, an
example of one of the calls in this macro is :
rRange.Replace What:="Á", Replacement:="A", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False, MatchByte:=True.

It should find all the "Á" characters in the selected range and replace
them
with "A" but it doesn't do anything.

In office 97 on a windows NT machine this worked. In Office XP on a
windows
XP machine in doesn't work. Both US English systems.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS VBA CODE.

To add insult to injury. If a select a group of cells in excel choose Edit
-Replace and instruct the application to replace "Á" with "A" it works.

If however, I record a macro of me using choose Edit -Replace and run
it,
THAT DOESN"T WORK. If I examine the macro I will see the expression to be
replaced is presented as "?"

Please help I have been trying to find the answer to this for nearly 6
months off and on and its now getting urgent.

Regards and thankful for any insight can be given.

Paul