Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ced

Default Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

Hello Everyone

below, my issue with excel 2003:

When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls",
needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in
the same
directory.

a. mainfile.xls
b. datafile1.xls
c. datafile2.xls
d. datafile3.xls

In "mainfile.xls", I do use function such as INDIRECT("Datafile1.xls.....),
to calculate various figures using my data files.

My main problem is that if all my "datafileS.xls" are not opened
when launching "mainfile.xls", this one cannot retrieve the data, and shows
all cells with: #REF"

Your help would be really appreciated, by the way, happy week-end to all
members.

Ced