Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
barbarat

Default formula for a pension

what does that mean, please? are you referring to the first formula, and the
INT, or something about the second formula that I need to correct...well, i
know it needs correcting; it doesn't work. help please thanks!
--
barbarat

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It is not truncating, check with a negative value

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

" wrote
in message ...
"barbarat" wrote:
Hello again...yes, I think I understand it.

Great.

The INT is for rounding, right?

Well, for truncating. It will match $1 to $1 through $1.99.
If you want to round (match $2 to $1.50 through $2.49),
change INT(...) to ROUND(...,0). If you want to match $2
to $1.01 through $2 -- i.e, to any dollar or part thereof --
use ROUNDUP(...,0) or CEILING(...,1).