Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMay

Default Function to find the address of a cell

Trying this -- I get #VALUE! as a result...
Any suggestions?
Tks..

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:06:40 -0000, "Mike H" wrote:

Hello, I want a function that allows me to enter a range and then returns
the address of the cell with the minimum value. It is the Address I am
interested in, not the value.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Since I see this post in programming, I will assume you want a VBA solution:

Option Explicit
Function MinCellAdr(rg As Range) As String
Dim MinNum As Double
MinNum = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(rg)

MinCellAdr = rg.Find(what:=MinNum, _
LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole).Address

End Function

--ron