Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
izzie

Default Excel If Statements, please help!

JE McGimpsey Wrote:
I may be just being dim, but I think you'll have to provide more
information.

It sounds like your first example should just be to put

=G7/2

in M7. You then say the if G10 is changed, M7 needs to be changed,
too,
but you describe a formula that uses M7 - so what exactly are you
wanting to be changed when G10 changes? To change M7, say, to

=M7+G7-M7*G7

you'll need to use an event macro (formulas can't change other
formulas)
and you'll get a circular reference as well.

If you instead mean that G10 should change if M7 changes, you could
use

G10: =M7+G7-G7*ABS(M7)

which, since M7 is just G7/2 means that you could use the equivalent:

G10: =G7*(1.5-ABS(G7/2))

Yeah, sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. I do need M7 to change
once the other fields have been updated according to that equation. How
do I use an event macro?

Originally, what I did was this:

=IF(G100, M7+G10-M7*G10, M7+G10+M7*G10, IF(G110, M7+G11-M7*G11,
M7+G11+M7*G11, G7*0.5))

and it said I had to many arguments.

--
izzie