Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Combine two spreadsheets with Different column headings

In master Outlook Contacts sheet(the one with 20 columns) hide the columns you
don't want then select visible cells only and copy those over to the smaller
sheet with the 8 columns?

Gord

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:41:02 -0800, Angela
wrote:

OK - the one worksheet is an Outlook export of contacts. The other worksheet
in a different file is contacts that i use to just do mailing so i don't need
all of the columns that are in the Outlook sheet. In addition, I have
changed column names. So out of the 20 or so columns in the Outlook export,
I only need about 8 - so when I copy contacts from the Outlook export, I want
it to just go in to the columns as I have it set it on the second worksheet.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Angela

"Spreadsheets" are two workbooks or two worksheets in one workbook?

I, for one, would need more detail on what your layout is on each sheet before
attempting any advice.

Different column headings may pose a problem but no way to know.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:46:02 -0800, Angela
wrote:

How do I combine two spreadsheets of contacts and make one spreadsheet
conform to the structure of the other. Both sheets have the same data type,
but I don't want to have to cut and paste and move columns around in the
sheet or delete unwanted columns in the sheet.

Is there a way that I can just bring them together and have the one format
itself to the other?