Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I get a column to "auto fill" in a pivot table?

If you're willing to lose the pivottable (make a copy of it???), you can do
something--but if you want to keep it a pivottable, then excel won't let you
change this.

I either convert the pivottable to values (or make a copy and convert that one
to values).

And since it's just values, I can do anything I want.

(I do try to clean up as much formatting as I can while it's still a pivottable,
though.)

Debra Dalgleish has some techniques for filling those empty cells with the value
from the cell above:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

punter wrote:

Hi,

I have a pivot table that consists of a store number and vendor name in
the row. The total dollar amount is in the data. There are are more
vendor names than store numbers. When I run the pivot it gives me the
store number once and the fills in all the vendor names with the dollar
amount. Example:

Store Vendor2 Amount
2 a 1
2
3
4

I would like the Store # to be repeated. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eddie

--
punter