Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default toolsoptions cannot change file locations

Maybe you could change it via a line of code:

Open excel
hit alt-F8 to get to the VBE (where macros live)
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window

type this and hit enter:
Application.AutoRecover.Path = "c:\"

(Actually, if you don't have a C: drive, change that to something else that you
do have.

After you hit enter, it's back to excel and try:
tools|options|save tab
and change it to what you really want.

If your a good typist, you could even do that in that line of code, too. (But
I ain't that good!)

ab wrote:

Hi,

I recently moved to a new computer. I transferred my MS Office settings
from the old computer to the new one. I had set the Autorecover save
location for an excel file on a different partition on the old PC. The
file opens fine on the new computer but under ToolsOptions when I try
clicking on any of the tabs, I get an error message that the partition
cannot be found! So everytime it tries to save an autorecover version,
it cannot and gives an error message, and does not allow me to change
the location! I was wondering if there was another way to change the
location of the default folder, autorecover, etc. I will appreciate any
help.

-ab

--

Dave Peterson