Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default how can i get an table to look like a formatted table

Is there a reply in here?

Stressed Student wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Select your cell(s)
format|cells|Number tab
select the custom category
type this in the box to the right:

General*.;-General*.;0*.;@*.

click ok.

Stressed Student wrote:

I cannot get this to work. Could you please be more specific.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could give the cells a custom format of:

General*.;-General*.;0*.;@*.
Positive;negative;0;text

The *. says to repeat the dot enough to fill the cell (to the right).

You may not want it on the numbers, though.

Stressed Student wrote:

I am setting up a list of marathon records and I want them to display
in a word document. Is there any way to format my Excell Table to
automatically put the period progression between fields?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson