Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CarlaWood

Default Printing only Rows with Visible Data

Your data should automatically only print visible data....do you have
formatting in the cells that are empty that are printing? ie...are your
cells in color or have an outline? if they do, they will print regardless of
data...so, just unformat them and you shoud be good to go.

Hopefully helpful,
Carla Wood

"Storm" wrote:

Hello. My question is, let's say I have columns A-B unprotected, so users can
drop the current month's report. Column C is protected and has an if formula
to check if A is empty, " ", else to get B less A. The report that will be
dropped every month on Columns A-B may be longer (in rows) or shorter than
the previous month. So I copy-pasted the formula in Column C down to C200,
which is just an estimate. With this template, I did a print and it's
actually printing up to cell C200, I'm assuming because there is a formula in
there. What I am hoping to do is to print only the rows with visible data.
So if Col A-B is only up to row 50, just to print up to that row. Without
having to select a print area everytime, is there a way to automate the
process that when I am printing the report only the visible data will be
printed?

thank you.