amc422

Yes, however it won't always be A1 and B1... the row will advance by at least
one every day. So it would be A1 and B1 today; A2 and B2 tomorrow; possibly
A5 and B5 the following day (as more than one row of data could be added in a
given day).

Also, please note my last post with an additional condition.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Anna

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

If A1 houses a number and B1 is empty, return the last numerical value
that is in C. Is this what you want?

amc422 Wrote:
I am trying to return a value to a cell based on specified conditions in
range that increases every day by one or more rows. I want return the
value
of a cell which will positionally change daily (but will always be in
the
same column) as new data is entered (and likely be the last cell of
the
active spreadsheet) to another cell which will remain constant.

To illustrate:

Column A Column B Column C
Row 1

Row 2
Row3
Row4
Ect...

I know I need to use conditional logic, but can't get the syntax. I
want
the value in Column C returned to another defined cell if the
following
conditions are met:

There is numerical data in column A
AND
There is no data in column B

But here's the rub (for me): it must be the value of the last "active"
cell
in column C which meets the specified conditions. Since a new row(s)
of data
is entered to the spreadsheet on a daily basis, the row of the last
active
cell is is always advancing.

Hope this makes sense.

Can someone please help me?