Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David

Default Limited byrows propagate a value via macro to all cells in col

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

David,

Thank you Bernie, I hope it works. I will try it. Can you give me advice as to how to implement
this solution.
Is there an area where I key it in so that it will execute when the data is
loaded or do I have to activate it in some other way?

Try reading:

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"David" wrote in message

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Let's say you want to insert 1's into the first open column, and match the size to the number of
rows in column A:

Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft)(1, 2).Resize _
(Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row).Value = 1

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"David" wrote in message
I need to propagate the value "1" to all cells in a column via macro. The
number of cells will vary based on the data loaded at file open. I do not
want to create additional rows by inserting a formula and copying it to an
entire column. I am using Excel 2003.

THANK YOU BERNIE THAT IS JUST WHAT I NEED.