Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Number of cells that have same values

Dave,

Your version can do away with the IF test

=SUM(((A1:A20=B1:B20)*(A1:A20<"")*(B1:B20<"")))

--

HTH

RP

"David Billigmeier" wrote in
message ...
Type this formula in the formula bar, and instead of just pushing "Enter"

commit it, push CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Also, after looking at Bob's post I realize my formula isn't taking into
account blank cells, change to the following to fix (or just use Bob's
formula):

=SUM(IF(((A1:A20=B1:B20)*(A1:A20<"")*(B1:B20<"") ),1,0))

Dave

"Lingyan Hu" wrote:

Shall I push (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) at the same time while entering the

formula?
I tried, but it doesn't seem to work.

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Assume your Columns are A and B, and your rows go down to 20, Array

enter
this formula (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):

=SUM(IF(A1:A20=B1:B20,1,0))

Change the column and row references to fit your data.

Dave

"Lingyan Hu" wrote:

Imagine there are two columns of cells, each row of two cells are
corresponding to each other. How to find out the number of rows

where the two
corresponding cells have the same value?