Dave Peterson

=hyperlink("J:\pictures\items\" & row() & ".jpg")

might do it for you.

I'd put that path in a different cell (out of the way) and use this:
=hyperlink($e$1 & row() & ".jpg")

Then I just have to adjust one cell if that path changes.

The Fuzz wrote:

Hi Guys, hope you can help, i have an excel database thats stores product
information, in one column i have a file number for the photo that
corresponds to that row, what i would like to do is on the click of the mouse
in that cell or if needed a new cell is to hyperlink to the photo stored on a
drive in my computer. I can do this no problems one at a time but i have
1980 images, is there a way to create a batch command to tell excel that this
is the file name but it is over there. I have stored the files in the other
drive and entered them in the column as the same name without the .JPG
extension, i can fix this by using the concatenate command, i am just unable
to tell excel that this is the file name and is it stored in
J:\pictures\items\ etc. Hope i make sence. thanks in advance for any
help

--

Dave Peterson