Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Cell formatting in Mail Merge

Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

=======
I often cheat and just use another cell:

=text(a2,"mm/dd/yyyy")

and use this text cell in the mail merge.

Lighthouse wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet, showing dates when a succession of different
stages are reached for each client in my conveyancing job. All dates are in
UK format in Excel. However, when I mail merge in Word using this data
source, all dates appear in Word as US format, and any empty cells are
populated with 12:00AM.

Could you please tell me if this is an Excel problem, and what the solution
may be.

--

Dave Peterson