Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Print a worksheet when a cell = 1

I don't know anything about DDE links. Maybe someone else will jump in.

Pat wrote:

I have a PLC (Programmable logic Controller) writing to the spreadsheet via a
DDE link. (The PLC is controlling a batching plant)
The spreadsheet is used to store alarm / recipe information.
What I want is a way of printing a report on demand via the PLC €“ hence the
idea of writing a 1 in a cell to trigger a print routine.
Hope this gives you a better understanding of what I am trying to do.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is that link a formula to a different worksheet in a different workbook?
Or is it the result of some kind of query?

A little more information may help get an answer.

Pat wrote:

I want to print a worksheet when a value of 1 appears in cell A1
(The cell is linked to another program which will write a 1 into the cell
when a printout is required)
Please tell me how I can achieve this รข‚ฌ€œ all suggestions welcome

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson