Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
barbarat

Default formula for a pension

Help, please...I am using Excel 2003...as a newbie...
I need to calculate (in Column I) the match for a 401(k) as follows:
Column G is compensation, H is employee contribution, and B is Date of birth
(as numbers...ie, 01011986).
The match is $1 for each dollar invested up to 3% of compensation, and $.75
for each dollar invested over 3%, but not greater than 6%, of compensation,
and $.50 match for each dollar between 7 and 10%. No match over 10%. Also
no match if employee is under 18 yrs of age at 12/31/04.
I have tried IF...and keep gettong the wrong results.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
--
barbarat