Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

Default How can I use autosave from excel2000 in excel2003

An even better workaround is to train your fingers to hit CTRL-s every
time you pause. It wasn't necessarily easy, but I haven't lost more than
a minute or two's work in several years.

In article ,
"karrenb" wrote:

AUUUGGGGG, I always used autosave in both word and excel. I too have multiple
files open at the same time. Today, someone working on my computer closed
excel and said no when asked to save. As a result all of my changes were
lost. I had thought that by setting autorecovery I was safe, but since this
was not a crash but a clean exit, my work is lost. AUTORECOVERY is NOT better
than auto save. WHY oh WHY did Microsoft take this away!!!!

HELP Please. I will try the suggested Jan Karel version. My IT guy hates us
trying stuff like this, but I desperately need an autosave function.