Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

Default Amitorization schedule?

An amortization schedule is pretty simple. The columns are Period, Opening
Balance, Payment, Interest, Closing Balance

Opening Balance is Closing Balance of previous row, or the starting amount of
the loan.
Interest = OpeningBalance * IntRate / NumPmtsPerYear
Closing Balance = OpeningBalance - Payment + Interest

Copy down until Closing Balance gets to zero.

I don't know what you mean by "al functions of P, A, i, r". Excel financial
functions do a lot more than just amortization tables. If what you want to know
are the formulas, they are in Help.

Fred

"rlockwood" wrote in
message ...

How do I set up an Amitorization schedule/chart in Excel? For al
Functions of P, A, i, r, etc..

--
rlockwood
rlockwood's Profile: